Online Toolbox and Maps
Trends.Earth (formerly known as the Land Degradation Monitoring Project toolbox) is an open source platform the project is making available as a global public good. The project has developed methods and guidance on assessing land degradation, and has implemented these methods using Quantum GIS (QGIS), an open source Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Facilitates downloading and visualizing datasets produced by the project
- Include routines for mapping and calculating vegetation indices and studying trends in vegetation productivity
- Supports comparing analytical outputs derived from coarse- and medium-resolution datasets with those derived from high-resolution data
- Allows users to integrate ground datasets with earth observation data to derive insights on the possible drivers of land degradation
- Supports reporting to the UNCCD and GEF, including production of summary tables and maps
Trends.Earth is accompanied by guidance documents and other training materials. To enable widespread adoption,these materials will be made available on this webpage for global access and will be replicated in regional centers.
For guidance on the toolbox please see below: